FBS desires to teach our students the proper usage and balance electronics should play in our lives.
1) K-8th grade students should not bring electronics to school or school activities. Parents of 7th and 8th grade students may request an exemption from the administration if there is a need.
2) The computer lab is available to all grades, but students must be supervised by a teacher at all times.
3) 9th-12th grade students may bring their cell phones to school and turn the phone off or on silent. If a cell phone disturbs a class, the student will receive 2 points (see handbook).
4) Breaks should be used to use the restroom, stretch and prepare for the next class; therefore it is expected that students do not use their phones during school hours. They may check their phones only during lunch and must have permission from staff to make calls/texts anytime during school hours.
5) Students should not wear headphones, before, during, or after school.
6) 11th-12th grade students may bring a tablet or laptop to use in class. Laptops or tablets should only be used for school related material and should have sufficient battery life to not require being plugged in.
Any student who seems to be taking advantage of these policies or is incorrectly using their electronics may lose their privilege altogether.